Sunday, March 27, 2011

Those who lose Mykad, passports don’t have to file police reports anymore

PETALING JAYA: In a bid to cut red tape, a police report is no longer required when applying for a replacement passport or MyKad.
This has been in effect since March 1.
Home Ministry secretary-general Datuk Seri Mahmood Adam said Sunday that citizens who lose their passports or MyKad could go directly to the Immigration Department or the National Registration Department to apply for replacements.
“The agencies will make a record of the loss and provide the replacement document on the same day.
“A police report is only necessary if the loss was caused by an extraordinary circumstance, such as theft or robbery, where a person is victimised,” Mahmood told reporters after launching the ministry's Meet the Consumers Day at the IOI Mall, Puchong on Sunday.
He said that the agencies have the capability to cancel or nullify the loss documents using the existing security features.
“This move will ease the public's inconvenience and is in line with the Government's move to maximize resources and reduce our cost of operations,” Mahmood said, referring to the four million reports of various nature lodged with the Royal Malaysian Police Force (PDRM) every year. - theStarOnline

No comments:

Post a Comment

click if you like it

Free Personal signatures - cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails