WOW

Followers

HBeat

Friday, June 17, 2011

Siti Nurhaliza and seven other celebrities join the Territorial Army

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's pop diva Datuk Siti Nurhaliza Taruddin and seven other local celebrities today submitted their application forms to join the Territorial Army.

The celebrities are actors Shaheizy Sam and Captain (Rtd) Mohd Nor Bon, actress Intan Ladyana, film producer David Teo, singers Ana Raffali and Aizat Amdan, and Defence Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi's eldest daughter Nurul Hidayah, 34, who is also the host for RTM's Inspirasi Ramadan  show.

Ahmad Zahid said the celebrities would be icons who could lure more individuals, especially among the younger generation, to join the Territorial Army.

"Our objective in having the celebrities as members of the Territorial Army is to expose them to the activities, trainings and duties of the Armed Forces, so that they could translate it and explain to the public about the roles played by the Armed Forces in peace or war, and hence, lure more people to join the team," he told reporters after accepting the forms from the celebrities here today.

He said the trainings for the celebrities would begin soon and that they had to complete 39 hours of training within a year, based on their convenience, before they could be commissioned as junior officers.

Meanwhile, Siti Nurhaliza said she hoped her participation in the Territorial Army would strengthen her mental and physical conditions and that she was prepared to undergo the training at any time.

"I've always been interested in outdoor activities and have once participated in a military training for a television show.

"However, the experience in participating in the Territorial Army will be something different for me and I will not let this opportunity slips away, especially after accepting offer made by the minister and getting the consent from my husband.

"So, I would like to ask my fans and all Malaysian youths out there to join me in the Territorial Army," she said.

Shaheizy Sam, on the other hand, said that his participation in the Territorial Army was aimed at fulfilling his father's wish and to learn more about the life in the military.

"Since I was little, I've always wanted to serve the country. Now, I'm so proud and ready to contribute something and I would also like to ask my fans to join me," he said.

Meanwhile, Aizat said he was so excited to undergo the training, which he anticipated to be mentally and physically challenging, after being told about the life in the military by his friend who is a soldier in Singapore. -- Bernama


1 comment:

  1. Hello to every one, the contents present at this
    website are in fact amazing for people experience, well, keep up the good work fellows.
    Here is my site - my blog

    ReplyDelete

click if you like it

Free Personal signatures - cool!

TEXTAREA_ID
Related Posts with Thumbnails