WOW

Followers

HBeat

Friday, July 8, 2011

Cop has close call as drug inmate rams into him

PASIR PUTIH: A traffic policeman had a close call when a lorry driven by an escaped inmate from Besut Drug Rehabilitation rammed into him and his motorcycle at Kampung Wakaf Linchong, here, today.

Lance Corporal Anuar Ali, suffered a broken right arm in the 10.45am incident and was warded at the Universiti Sains Malaysia Hospital (HUSM) in Kota Baru.

Recalling the incident, the 27-year-old policeman said he had overtaken the lorry with four escaped inmates, when the incident happened.

"I spotted the lorry after it passed Bukit Yong and ordered the lorry driver to stop the vehicle. However, he ignored my repeated warning and I decided to overtake it. However to my surprise, instead of stopping, the driver rammed into me from behind,” said Anuar from his hospital bed at HUSM.

He said he was flung about 10 metres and was lucky that he escaped with minor injuries.

“I felt pain all over the body especially on my right arm but was lucky that I did not suffer any head injury. The only thing that came across my mind was my family especially my wife and three month-old baby girl Noratika Qistina,” he said.

Meanwhile, district police chief Deputy Superintendent Mohd Kamal Zainal said Anuar was deployed to the scene after they received an information about a lorry being hijacked by the four inmates from their counterpart in Besut, Terangganu.

“After the lorry hit my man, I immediately ordered other staff to alert the Tanah Merah station as we suspected the lorry was heading there,” he said.

Mohd Kamal said Tanah Merah police arrested three of the four inmates in Batu 11 near Kemahang. - NST

No comments:

Post a Comment

click if you like it

Free Personal signatures - cool!

TEXTAREA_ID
Related Posts with Thumbnails