KOTA BARU: The flood situation in Kelantan has worsened overnight, with 785 people moved to relief centres as at 8am Thursday compared to 416 on Wednesday night.
A spokesman of the state flood operations room said Kuala Krai was the sixth district to be affected, and 35 people there have been evacuated to two relief centres.
In Kota Baru, 306 people have been moved to three relief centres. Other areas with evacuees are Machang district with 101 evacuees at three relief centres, Pasir Mas (197 evacuees at five centres), Pasir Puteh (21 people at one centre) and Tanah Merah (125 evacuees at four centres).
The spokesman said that as at 8am, the level of the Golok River in Rantau Panjang was 9.99m (danger point is 9m) while the level of the Kelantan River at the Guillemard bridge in Tanah Merah was 16.12m (danger point 16m)and the water level was rising.
All roads in the state remain passable, and the sky is overcast. Three people have drowned in the floods in Kelantan so far, two brothers aged 14 and 16 in Bachok and a two-year-old boy in Pasir Mas. A teenage girl is missing in Pasir Mas. - BERNAMA