WOW

Followers

HBeat

Friday, September 7, 2012

Home alone baby in flat fire dies


GEORGE TOWN: A six-month-old baby boy, who suffered 70 percent burns after being left alone in a flat that caught fire in Mak Mandin in Butterworth, died at 6.40pm Thursday.
Y. Meysshvin failed to recover from the severe burns he suffered on Aug 15 when the flat caught fire.
His 48-year-old babysitter had allegedly left the sleeping baby alone in the flat to go to the market.
Meysshvin was rescued by neighbour J.P. Supermaniam, 60, who risked his life by rushing into the burning unit.
The baby was rushed into the Penang Hospital's paediatric intensive care unit but the baby's condition deteriorated and some of his fingers and toes turned black.
Meysshvin's mother Ranjeeta Kaur, 28, said the doctors told the family on Wednesday to be prepared for the worst as the baby's chance of survival was low.
“He (baby) had been having breathing difficulty for the last 24 hours,” she said, holding back tears, when met at the mortuary here Thursday.
“We hope that other babysitters are careful when looking after children and not to leave them unattended,” she said.
The family is expected to pick up the baby's body on Friday.
Sarojaha claimed trial on Aug 24 after being charged in a Magistrate's court for neglecting the baby.
She was alleged to have committed the offence at unit No. 4, fourth floor, Block 6, Mak Mandin Flat in Butterworth between 10am and 10.30am on Aug 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment

click if you like it

Free Personal signatures - cool!

TEXTAREA_ID
Related Posts with Thumbnails